General Privacy Statement
ESA uses client information only for the purposes stated at the time of collection and does not use it for any other purpose nor discloses the information to any other organization except where the client has consented to the alternate use or disclosure.
ESA Privacy Principles
ESA adheres to the following privacy principles:
- ESA collects data for specifically identified purposes and does not use data collected for one purpose for any other. ESA will obtain client’s consent if data is used for other purposes
- ESA maintains data on clients in strict confidence and shares those data only for stated purposes
- No more than the minimum amount of personal information will be collected in the course of providing any service
- Clients have the right to be provided with a copy of their own information being held by ESA
- Upon request of the client, ESA will delete any information about that client from its databases
- Clients will always be given the opportunity to indicate whether they wish to receive further mailings from ESA.
Sources of Collection
ESA collects client information through its website, registrations for all professional development sessions (training, courses, workshops, etc.), requests for information, requests and/or purchases of products, and requests for consulting and other professional services.
Methods of Collection
Client information may be collected via direct telephone contact, through the Internet or on a prescribed form provided by the organization.
ESA tracks visitors to their public Website for statistical purposes. The site captures limited information about visits. No personally identifiable information is collected, only aggregate data - such as the number of hits per page.
For web pages that are accessible only by authorized clients, names of the client(s), e-mail addresses and passwords are captured to authenticate levels of access and track the number of times clients have visited the site.
ESA is not responsible for the content or privacy practices of any linked site.
Uses of Data / Information
ESA uses information from clients and others:
- To provide individuals, companies, organizations, etc. with information about ESA services, upcoming courses, promotions, special offers, etc.
- To provide individuals, companies, organizations, etc. with information about ergonomics / human factors.
- To improve its own Web content; to respond to clients’ and other visitors' interests, needs and preferences
- To develop new products and services
- To provide individuals, companies, organizations, etc. with information about complimentary ESA services, promotions or special offers
- For routine system maintenance and security administration such as tracking of authorized access.
- Aggregate data collected from the Web site are only used for internal and marketing purposes and do not provide any personally identifying information. Aggregate data are used only to analyze general traffic patterns (e.g. what pages are most/least popular) and to perform routine system maintenance.
Sharing of Data / Information
ESA client data is never disclosed beyond the organization without the consent of the client and it is shared internally only when it is required as a part of the performance of the duties of the individual seeking access. ESA may elect to send mailings from other organizations to its clients but the mailings will always originate with ESA.